The Garden Gate
All Hallow's Eve Team Tournament - Printable Version

+- The Garden Gate (https://forum.skudpaisho.com)
+-- Forum: The Garden Gate Site & Games (https://forum.skudpaisho.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Tournaments (https://forum.skudpaisho.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: All Hallow's Eve Team Tournament (/showthread.php?tid=103)

Pages: 1 2

All Hallow's Eve Team Tournament - Abacadaren - 08-31-2020

Hello and good evening, one and all, to the All Hallow's Eve Team Tournament!

Quite the lengthy name isn't it?

Now it's a bit early for Halloween perhaps, but it lines up close enough that I am quite tickled that I get to run with it, as the tournament will start in a month's time for October 1st.

This will be a ranked 3-man team swiss tournament, where each team play matches of 3 individual games to decide which team continues on. There will not be any elimination, instead with teams playing against those with similar win numbers, and by the end you will play roughly half the teams. Teams are organised internally as well by skill. The best player plays the first board, worth 4 points, the middle player the second board, worth 3 points, and the final payer on the third board worth 2 points (Points being split for a tie). To win the team match, you need at least 5 points, which means you don't have to win all of your games to win the team game. First board win with any tie is a team win (4 + 1.5/1) Second board and a tie for first or third win is a win (3 + 2) or a third board win and two ties will net you a win (2 + 1.5 + 2). This way, the teams can have all of their members participate and be able to relax knowing that even if they aren't successful their team mates can pull through, or that even if they draw they still are getting important points for the team.

The ranked part of the tournament comes in that every individual game will be counted towards my unofficial ranking list to compare and better understand where everyone is in the community skill wise. The only thing I need to add people to the list is your garden gate name and your discord name, so it'll be as easy as pie, then everything about that is pinned in the vagabond channel in the discord.

For finding and practicing with teams, I have created a discord for it which can be found here: https://discord.gg/RYPr8dN . You can use it to organize into teams, search out people looking for teams, and so on. To register a team for the tournament, it will need a name, a colour, and at least 2 members (A team with 2 members automatically forfeits their third board). Please spend all the time up until the tournament starts to practice with your team mates, discuss your games, and polish (or learn) skills in preparation.

The requirements to register. To register for the tournament, you will have to be in the discord, register to the tournament on the skudpaisho.com website, and make a post here including your garden gate name and what team you are part of. After all the registration is done, I will see to setting up the toornament page, as well as estimating time the tournament will take.

Particular rules for the tournament include 3 days for each round, A ban on collusion or watching streams of your own game during your game, and a serious frowning on sandboxing. If a game goes over the time limit of 3 days then it will be counted as a tie, outside of an inactive player in which case it is the loss of the inactive player.

The team who comes away from the tournament with the most wins will receive a specialized prize, a trophy of specially engraved element cards (One of each element for display, not an elemental tiles deck).

Thank you all for you interest and participation going forward, this has been Aba, and I wish you all a good night.

RE: All Hallow's Eve Team Tournament - BT2217 - 08-31-2020

Hello Aba. I'm confirming that I'm signed up for the tournament. I signed up on skudpaisho.com and am registering for Team Tea. My Discord and Skud name is BT2217. Thanks!

RE: All Hallow's Eve Team Tournament - Ohreaganoe - 09-01-2020

(08-31-2020, 05:51 AM)Abacadaren Wrote:  Hello and good evening, one and all, to the All Hallow's Eve Team Tournament!

Quite the lengthy name isn't it?

Now it's a bit early for Halloween perhaps, but it lines up close enough that I am quite tickled that I get to run with it, as the tournament will start in a month's time for October 1st.

This will be a ranked 3-man team swiss tournament, where each team play matches of 3 individual games to decide which team continues on. There will not be any elimination, instead with teams playing against those with similar win numbers, and by the end you will play roughly half the teams. Teams are organised internally as well by skill. The best player plays the first board, worth 4 points, the middle player the second board, worth 3 points, and the final payer on the third board worth 2 points (Points being split for a tie). To win the team match, you need at least 5 points, which means you don't have to win all of your games to win the team game. First board win with any tie is a team win (4 + 1.5/1) Second board and a tie for first or third win is a win (3 + 2) or a third board win and two ties will net you a win (2 + 1.5 + 2). This way, the teams can have all of their members participate and be able to relax knowing that even if they aren't successful their team mates can pull through, or that even if they draw they still are getting important points for the team.

The ranked part of the tournament comes in that every individual game will be counted towards my unofficial ranking list to compare and better understand where everyone is in the community skill wise. The only thing I need to add people to the list is your garden gate name and your discord name, so it'll be as easy as pie, then everything about that is pinned in the vagabond channel in the discord.

For finding and practicing with teams, I have created a discord for it which can be found here: https://discord.gg/RYPr8dN . You can use it to organize into teams, search out people looking for teams, and so on. To register a team for the tournament, it will need a name, a colour, and at least 2 members (A team with 2 members automatically forfeits their third board). Please spend all the time up until the tournament starts to practice with your team mates, discuss your games, and polish (or learn) skills in preparation.

The requirements to register. To register for the tournament, you will have to be in the discord, register to the tournament on the skudpaisho.com website, and make a post here including your garden gate name and what team you are part of. After all the registration is done, I will see to setting up the toornament page, as well as estimating time the tournament will take.

Particular rules for the tournament include 3 days for each round, A ban on collusion or watching streams of your own game during your game, and a serious frowning on sandboxing. If a game goes over the time limit of 3 days then it will be counted as a tie, outside of an inactive player in which case it is the loss of the inactive player.

The team who comes away from the tournament with the most wins will receive a specialized prize, a trophy of specially engraved element cards (One of each element for display, not an elemental tiles deck).

Thank you all for you interest and participation going forward, this has been Aba, and I wish you all a good night.

RE: All Hallow's Eve Team Tournament - Cannoli - 09-01-2020

Hi, this is @Cannoli from the discord, and c0n0li0 on the Garden Gate, registering for the tournament under the team "The Blue Spirits." The team color will be blue, and I believe Mithrandir and Ohreaganoe will be joining me!

RE: All Hallow's Eve Team Tournament - Monk_Gyatso - 09-01-2020

Monk_Gyatso signing up!

RE: All Hallow's Eve Team Tournament - Ohreaganoe - 09-01-2020

Hi, this is @ohreaganoe from the discord, and ohreaganoe on the Garden Gate, registering for the tournament under the team "The Blue Spirits." The team color will be blue, and I believe Mithrandir and Cannoli will be joining me.

RE: All Hallow's Eve Team Tournament - NobodyKnowsAnything - 09-01-2020

Mithrandir42 on skudpaisho.com here to register for the Blue Spirits! My discord is Mithrandir#1495

RE: All Hallow's Eve Team Tournament - GeneralButtercrust - 09-02-2020

GeneralButtercrust, Signing up!

RE: All Hallow's Eve Team Tournament - Habadababu - 09-03-2020

Habadababu in both skudpaisho.com and discord, signing up! Taking part with the team "The Smoking Hogmonkeys"

RE: All Hallow's Eve Team Tournament - Nahtanojrepus - 09-27-2020

Nahtanojrepus on the garden gate and discord, but my server nickname is Cthulhu ate my Homework. I'm joining up as a member of the team 'the Rusty Wheels' alongside Korron (so named on both TGG and discord) and IrishViking (again, so named on both TGG and discord).