The Garden Gate

Full Version: IPSL January Swiss Open
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Again!

Another month another IPSL Open! December's swiss was a great success and I'm looking to continue the trend of hosting these short-form Skud events! Depending on turnout, the format will largely stay the same save for the addition of opt-in ranked matches from the start. 

While ranked tournament matches are now fully implemented, participation will stay opt-in for the time being. As was the case last time, both players will have to have opted-in to ranked matches for them to play a ranked tournament round. That said, even though they are not required, I highly recommend partaking in the ranked fun as it makes matchmaking fairer and gives you a sense of progress when you do well in your games.

I'd also like to take this time to again congratulate Duat and TwoTheSecond for obtaining the first-ever IPSL titles and look forward to seeing more players join them. A few players are within reach of the title of Garden Initiate and I look forward to seeing their progress as well! 

General Information:
  • Swiss Style
  • Groups of ~8
  • 3-4 Rounds
  • Ranked Opt-In
  • All rounds will be played on www.skudpaisho.com
  • You may find the bracket on Toornament here
  • Participants will be required to be members of the Skud Pai Sho community discord for at least the duration of the tournament.
  • There is a cap of 64 participants, but due to the nature of the Swiss Open, if there are enough people interested, this number can be expanded. 
  • Sign-ups end on January 12th at 2 pm CST (UCT -6) and the tournament starts the next day on January 13th at 2 pm CST (UCT-6). To ensure that you are properly confirmed, please be registered on both skudpaisho.com and at https://play.toornament.com/en_US/tourna...940476416/ at least 24 hours in advance.
How to Sign Up
  • Register for the IPSL January Swiss Open at www.skudpaisho.com.
  • Then, register for the tournament at https://play.toornament.com/en_US/tourna...940476416/
  • When registering on Toornament, participants must fill out their discord ID
  • From there, participants are encouraged, but not required to set their country of origin, and whether they would like to participate in ranked matches.
  • Once all other steps are complete, go to the #tournaments channel in The Garden Gate Discord server and confirm with me (@Awyrlas#8189) that you have completed the previous steps.
Rewards
  • 1st Place: (3-0 Win/Loss) 2 Initiate Norms and a Lotus Invitational Nomination
  • 2nd Place: (2-1 Win/Loss) 1 Initiate Norm
Norms are a signifier of your competitive accomplishments. By doing well in enough competitions or by earning a Title Nomination you will have the right to compete for the accompanying title. It will take several events for even the best players to accumulate the necessary requirements for just one, so it's best to take things slow! Titles are a representation of not just your skill at Skud Pai Sho, but also your dedication to the competition and your activity in the community and its events. 

General Rules and Guidelines
  • Once a round begins, players will have 3 days to complete their matches
  • When a match is completed, at least one player should report the result in the #tournaments channel.
  • Incomplete matches at the end of a round will be decided by activity. Please be sure to stay communicative with your opponent both in discord and on www.skudpaisho.com otherwise the decision will be made by coinflip.
  • Please stay respectful of your opponents and follow all Garden Gate Discord rules during your matches. Failure to follow these guidelines may result in immediate disqualification.