The Garden Gate

Full Version: Greetings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

My name is Mossback (or just "Moss" for friends) and I have just finally decided myself to join the forum. I've been reading a lot lately about Pai Sho and its rules, I've watched videos, and even tried myself at a few games, but for some reason I was hesitating to join you all here.

I am not really how to go about introducing myself. I guess I'll just explain quickly where my nickname comes from and that should do it.
My friends have been calling me "Mossback" for quite some time now. I'm originally from Southern France, where the weather is hot and dry all year round. But I've always been a rain enthusiast. This search for rain has led me to move to the Western coast of Norway for a while, and then in the English Lake District. I've been constantly looking for places where it rains more than where I'm currently living (my dream would probably be to end up living in a place like Torshavn (Faroe Islands) or around Bergen (Norway)). So when my British friends, who forever dreamed of escaping the gray English skies for the sunny French beaches, figured out my motivations for moving in the UK, they started naming me "Mossback", as a person who enjoys the rainy weather so much that moss would actually end up growing on them.

So that's me.

I hope that my journey into the Pai Sho game will take me as far as possible and allow me to meet people from all corners of the world, playing a game together and many sharing a pot a tea. For as the great Iroh once said "Sharing tea with a fascinating stranger is one of life's true delights."
Thanks for being here! Be sure to join the Discord, which is where discussion happens, where to find people to play games with, asking questions about any of the games, and more!